Reading level: Ages 12 and up
Hardcover: 240 pages
Book overview: If the gods wanted Akash to have an education, he is told, they would give him one. But Akash has spent his entire twelve years poor and hungry. So he decides to take control of his own life and try for a scholarship to the city school where he can pursue his beloved math. But will challenging destiny prove to be more than he has bargained for? In this raw and powerful novel, fate and self-determination come together in unexpected ways, offering an unsentimental look at the realities of India.
About the author: Monika Schröder is the elementary school librarian at the American Embassy School in New Delhi, India. SARASWATI’S WAY is her second novel. Learn more about her at: www.monikaschroeder.com
How to enter:
- Leave a comment in the comments field below.
- An extra entry will be given for each time you twitter about the giveaway and/or blog about it. You will need to paste the link in a separate comment to make this entry valid. Click here to follow us on Twitter.
- Maximum entries: Three (3)
- Shipping Guidelines: This book giveaway is open to participants with a United States address.
- Giveaway begins October 28, 2010, at 12:01 A.M. PST and ends November 30, 2010, at 11:59 P.M. PST, when all entries must be received. No purchase necessary. See official rules for details.
Sponsored by Monika Schröder.
About the Author (Author Profile)The Children's Book Review, named one of the ALSC Great Web Sites for Kids, is powered by Bianca Schulze, mother to two daughters. Bianca has almost a decade’s worth of experience working with children and is passionate about continuing to work with children. Combined with her love of books and experience as a childrens specialist bookseller, the goal is to share her passion through this blog.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Giveaway~ Saraswati’s Way by Monika Schröder « Smile Make Someone Happy | November 30, 2010