Giveaway: The Secret Lives of Princesses
Ooh, la, la! Thanks to Sterling Children’s Books, we have one copy of the delectable The Secret Lives of Princesses by Philippe Lechermeier and Rebecca Dautremer to giveaway. The first 10 people to enter the giveaway will receive a set of puzzle cards which can be played with at The Secret Lives of Princesses website.
The illustrations in this book are so rich and mind-absorbing! This is a book for sophisticated princess-lovers—and those that enjoy individualism.
Book overview: Go beyond Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella! Some princesses are well-known to all children—but others, equally magical (and sometimes, a lot funnier) have remained anonymous, mysterious, and far from the fairy-tale crowd.
Now these captivating ladies are finally stepping out of the shadows where they’ve remained hidden for far too long. With wit, sublime humor, and beautiful art, The Secret Lives of Princesses introduces a bevy of royal daughters to the court of young readers. While it alludes to some of their more famous sisters, this large and lusciously illustrated compendium presents such unique and unforgettable characters as the petite Princess Claire Voyant, who can see very far into tomorrow (but muddles her predictions); Princess Oblivia, who forgets everything and misses all her appointments; Princess Tangra-La, who does the tango, the fandango, and any dance that comes her way; and Princess Babbling Brooke, who chatters on and on about everything and nothing. Plus, you’ll learn about such princessy matters as the language of fans; coats of arms; and how not to offend dangerous fairies who cast evil spells.
Poetic, often humorous, and always enchanting, this is the perfect collection for princess-loving girls who long for more than just the traditional fairy tale.
How to enter (maximum entries, 3):
- Leave a comment in the comments field below. If you are one of the lucky winners, you will be contacted via e-mail.
- An extra entry will be given for each time you twitter about the giveaway and/or blog about it. You will need to paste the link in a separate comment to make this entry valid. Click here to follow us on Twitter.
- Don’t forget: A valid e-mail address is a must.
- Shipping Guidelines: This book giveaway is open to participants with a United States or Canadian mailing address only (international readers can enter if they have a friend in the States who can accept their prizes by mail.)
- The contest will run June 1, 2010 – June 28, 2010, with the winners being drawn June 29, 2010. Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Giveaway. Winners will be picked at random using a random sequence generator (your comments are numbered in the order they are received and the numbers are like raffle tickets drawn from a hat). Winners have 72hrs to claim their prize. Unclaimed prizes will be awarded to an alternate winner.
- Comment away!
Disclaimer: Books will be shipped directly from Sterling Children’s Books, delivery of the giveaway item lies solely on the sponsor. Names, e-mail address and physical addresses of all winners will be shared with the sponsor for the purpose of fulfillment of the giveaway.
For more information, visit the The Secret Lives of Princesses website.
We may receive a small commission from purchases made via the links on this page. If you discover a book or product of interest on this page and use the links provided to make a purchase, you will help support our mission to 'Grow Readers.' Your support means we can keep delivering quality content that's available to all. Thank you!