Giveaway: When My Grandma Sings by Robena Egemonye and Illustrated by Judi Spooner
With an open heart, Vintage Reflections Publishing is giving away two copies of When My Grandma Sings. The books will be signed by both the author and the illustrator, Robena Egemonye and Judi Spooner.
Reading level: Ages 4-9
Paperback: 40 pages
Book overview: One little girl and her grandmother face an obstacle that erases memories and takes away the voice of love.
Della is so proud of her grandmother who was once a famous gospel singer. She wants to sing and travel just like Grandma did. She even dresses like Grandma. But the security of Della and Grandma’s loving relationship is shaken by the fact that Grandma has the “forgetting disease”, also known as Alzheimer’s disease.
One Sunday morning, Grandma wants to sing once more solo in church, but she’s having trouble remembering the words. Can Della help Grandma sing one more time so she can have the joy of what might be her last song?
About the author: Dr. Robena Egemonye, who resides in Anderson, SC, has been an educator for over thirty years. She was nominated and selected to “Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers”, 2005-2006 and to “Outstanding American Teachers, National Honor Roll”.
When My Grandma Sings is Dr. Egemonye’s first publication, and her second children’s book, When My Grandpa Dances, will be released in 2011.
How to enter:
- Leave a comment in the comments field below.
- An extra entry will be given for each time you twitter about the giveaway and/or blog about it. You will need to paste the link in a separate comment to make this entry valid. Click here to follow us on Twitter.
- Maximum entries: Three (3)
- Shipping Guidelines: This book giveaway is open to participants with a United States or Canadian address.
- Giveaway begins September 15, 2010, at 12:01 A.M. PST and ends October 13, 2010, at 11:59 P.M. PST, when all entries must be received. No purchase necessary. See official rules for details.
Sponsored by Vintage Reflections Publishing, LLC.
We may receive a small commission from purchases made via the links on this page. If you discover a book or product of interest on this page and use the links provided to make a purchase, you will help support our mission to 'Grow Readers.' Your support means we can keep delivering quality content that's available to all. Thank you!