Giveaway: My Name Is Not Isabella by Jennifer Fosberry
Reading level: Ages 4-8
Paperback: 32 pages
Book overview: This picture book conveys an empowering and inspiring message that mothers, grandmothers, aunts and sisters will want to pass along to little girls in their lives. The protagonist, Isabella, celebrates everything a woman can be by using her imagination pretending to be some of the groundbreaking women who changed history: Annie the sharpshooter, Rosa the activist, Marie the scientist, and many more. The teachable quality of this heartwarming tale empowers young girls with the knowledge that they can do anything they want while inspiring them to let their own personalities shine.
About the author: Jennifer Fosberry is a science geek turned children’s book writer. Until recently, she worked as a project manager in Silicon Valley in the high-tech electronic field. She currently divides her time between the San Francisco Bay Area and Costa Rica with her husband and three children.
About the illustrator: Mike Litwin combines a variety of media to create scenes that serve the imagination and education of women. A graduate of the East Carolina University School of Art and Design, he plays both designer and illustrator with an often wacky, always delightful style that uniquely blends playful innocence with devilish mischief. Illustrating and telling stories for children is his passion, his entertainment, and his dream. He currently lives in Greenville, North Carolina, with his wife and three daughters.
How to enter:
- Leave a comment in the comments field below.
- An extra entry will be given for each time you twitter about the giveaway and/or blog about it. You will need to paste the link in a separate comment to make this entry valid. Click here to follow us on Twitter.
- Maximum entries: Three (3)
- Shipping Guidelines: This book giveaway is open to participants with a United States or Canadian address.
- Giveaway begins September 22, 2010, at 12:01 A.M. PST and ends October 20, 2010, at 11:59 P.M. PST, when all entries must be received. No purchase necessary. See official rules for details.
Sponsored by Sourcebooks Jabberwocky.
We may receive a small commission from purchases made via the links on this page. If you discover a book or product of interest on this page and use the links provided to make a purchase, you will help support our mission to 'Grow Readers.' Your support means we can keep delivering quality content that's available to all. Thank you!