Prizes and samples provided by Carole P. Roman
The Children’s Book Review | September 6, 2018
Books are amazing inspiration for Halloween costumes!
Not sure what you want to be for Halloween? Pick a culturally inspired costume from a country or time period featured in Carole P. Roman’s If You Were Me and Lived In … series. From Australia to Kenya to Peru to Russia, and the American West to the Mayan Empire, this is a set of 33 books that celebrate diversity, knowledge, social interest, and mutual respect.
Enter for a chance to win a complete autographed book set of the If You Were Me and Lived In series, written by award-winning author Carole P. Roman; plus a $50 Visa gift card to go toward a Halloween costume.
One (1) winner receives the grand prize:
- A $50 Visa Gift Card
- An autographed set of Carole P. Roman’s If You Were Me series (33 books)
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Renaissance Italy
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Ancient Greece
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Elizabethan England
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Colonial America
- If You Were Me and Lived in … the Ancient Mali
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Viking Empire
- If You Were Me and Lived in … the American West
- If You Were Me and Lived in … the Middle Ages
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Ancient China
- If You Were Me and Lived in … the Mayan Empire
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Germany
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Israel
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Poland
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Brazil
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Egypt
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Italy
- If You Were Me and Lived in … China
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Scotland
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Greece
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Hungary
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Peru
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Portugal
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Russia
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Australia
- If You Were Me and Lived in … India
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Turkey
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Kenya
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Norway
- If You Were Me and Lived in … South Korea
- If You Were Me and Lived in … France
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Mexico
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Cuba
Age Range: 4-10
Giveaway begins September 6, 2018, at 12:01 A.M. PST and ends October 6, 2018, at 11:59 P.M. PST.
About the Books
It’s never too early to start teaching children about the world around them. Embraced by educators, parents, and children, the series gently and respectfully introduces the subjects of time periods, cultures and customs. Parents, grandparents, and teachers alike will love opening their children’s eyes to the world around them in a fun and easy way—and they’ll be happily surprised when they end up learning a few things themselves. It is the simplistic and positive way that award-winning author Carole P. Roman, a former social studies teacher, delivers the text, that makes this series appealing. The books are short and to the point and just what you want when you’re introducing geography and culture to the youngest reading set.
Ages 4-10 | CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
“Every book in the If You Were Me and Lived in … series is like a digestible and kid-friendly piece of Wikipedia, great for kids ages 4-10.” —Bianca Schulze, The Children’s Book Review
About Carole P. Roman
Carole P. Roman is the award winning author of the nonfiction series of children’s books, If You Were Me and Lived in … . The first title in the collection, If You Were Me and Lived in…Mexico, won the Pinnacle Award for Best in Children’s Nonfiction in 2012. If You Were Me and Lived in…Russia and If You Were Me and Lived in…France were finalists in the Indie Fab Foreword Review Book of the Year. Norway and South Korea have also been named as Book of the Year with Rebecca’s Reads and Children’s Reader’s View Book of the Year. Roman has also found success with her Captain No Beard children’s books. Her debut, Captain No Beard: An Imaginary Tale of a Pirate’s Life, was named a Kirkus Best of 2012, received a Star of Exceptional Merit, and won the Pinnacle Award in 2012. Roman lives on Long Island very close to her children.
CarolePRoman.com | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Pinterest
How to Enter
- Fill out the required fields in the form below. It may take a moment to load.
- You can also gain bonus daily entries.
- US and Canadian addresses only.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- Enter between 12:00 AM Mounatin Time on September 6, 2018 and 11:59 PM on October 6, 2018.
- Open to residents of Canada and the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 and older.
- Winners will be selected at random on or about October 9, 2018.
- Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Prizing courtesy of Carole P. Roman.
Thank you for entering the If You Were Me and … Dressed up for Halloween: Book and Visa Gift Card giveaway from Carole P. Roman. Check out our sweepstakes page to see what other free children’s books may be up for grabs!
We may receive a small commission from purchases made via the links on this page. If you discover a book or product of interest on this page and use the links provided to make a purchase, you will help support our mission to 'Grow Readers.' Your support means we can keep delivering quality content that's available to all. Thank you!
I’m an 80’s baby so i would dress up during the 80’s
90s for sure!
50’s Style poodle skirts and vintage hairstyle all the way.
I would choose to dress up as a woman from the Middle Ages!
My kiddo would dress up as an Ancient Greek goddess! She loves ancient history and mythology.
The American West would be fun…like Annie Oakley!
A traditional german dress would be nice 🙂
This is great! What fun it would be to win!
My backround is Danish so I would be a Viking warrior from the Viking Empire
I would dress as a historical figure from the 30’s or 40’s, Amelia Earhart or Rosie the Riveter.
I would choose the 1980’s and do a cool retro costume.
I’d dress up as a 90’s pop star
I would dress up from the Frontier Era times.
I would do something from the 80’s since I do love big hair!
I would definitely pick India’s traditional clothing. There is such beauty in their creativity.
i would pick 1980s
Middle Ages costume
I would dress as a knight in the middle ages.
I would love to dress from the 1800’s time period..
I would choose Colonial America.
I would choose 1970s and go as a Disco Dancing Queen.
I would love to dress up as a German woman:)
I would pick the time period of the Salem witches. As a mom and teen I wore a witches pointy hat and the long raggedy black dress. Because the makeup for witches look so weird and bad, I did not wear the makeup.
A costume from Scotland would be fun!
Something from the 80’s Love that ERA~
I would choose the united states clothing because we have such great style
I’d dress up like Madonna from the 80s.
Something in the middle ages it a cool time
My oldest would love to dress up from something in Greece, she loves history and Greece is her favorite right now!
Era: 70’s ~ US
I will dress in high school uniform of israel
I would dress up as is either a flower child from the 1960s time period or a flapper from the 1920s.