Giveaway: Come to the Castle: A Visit to a Castle in Thirteenth-Century England
Published: May 28, 2009
Do you have a lord or lady of the house that would enjoy taking a look at what it’s like living in a castle during medieval times? If you answered yes, then this is the giveaway for you. Linda Ashman gives us a taste of the middle ages from many different perspectives. She uses good natured humor and rhyme. Check out TCBR’s full review here.
Thanks to the publisher of Come to the Castle: A Visit to a Castle in Thirteenth-Century England, Roaring Brook Press, I have five copies autographed by author Linda Ashman to give away to five individual lucky winners.
Here is what you have to do to enter (maximum entries, 3):
- Decide which of these characters best represents you: Earl, Steward, Herald, Lady, Cook, Cleaning Servant, Gong Farmer (who has the worst job), Knight, Suitor, Daughter, Jester or Doctor. Leave your answer in the comments field below.
- An extra entry will be given for each time you twitter about the giveaway and/or blog about it. Be sure to let me know if you do so by pasting a link in the comments section. Click here to follow me on Twitter.
- Don’t forget to leave me your contact information with your comment — a valid e-mail address is a must. Bloggers who have their e-mail address accessible on their blog profile need only sign-in before leaving a comment.
- The giveaway is open to U.S. and Canadian addresses only.
- The contest will run May 28th – June 1st, with the winners being drawn June 2nd. Winners will be picked at random using a random sequence generator (your comments are numbered in the order they are received and the numbers are like raffle tickets drawn from a hat). Winners have 72hrs to claim their prize. Unclaimed prizes will be awarded to an alternate winner.
- Comment away!
Disclaimer: Books will be shipped directly from Roaring Brook Press, delivery of the giveaway item lies solely on the sponsor. Names, e-mail address and physical addresses of all winners will be shared with Roaring Brook Press for the purpose of fulfillment of the giveaway.