Giveaway: Horrid Henry and the Mummy’s Curse
Four stories in one great book about a boy who always gets in trouble. Horrid Henry books appeal to both girls and boys alike and cause tears to roll down your face from laughing so hard. Thanks to the publisher of the Horrid Henry series, Sourcebooks Jabberwocky, I have one copy of Horrid Henry and the Mummy’s Curse to give away. It could be yours!
by Francesca Simon (Author), Tony Ross (Illustrator)
Reading level: Ages 7-10
Paperback: 112 pages
Publisher: Sourcebooks Jabberwocky (July 1, 2009)
Publisher’s synopsis: Horrid Henry indulges his favorite hobby—collecting Gizmos; has a bad time with his spelling homework; starts a rumor that there’s a shark in the swimming pool; and spooks Perfect Peter with the mummy’s curse.
Francesca Simon is one of the world’s best-loved children’s authors. She is the only American to have ever won the Galaxy Book Award, and her creation, Horrid Henry, is the #1 bestselling chapter book series in the UK—with a hit TV show and over fifteen million copies sold! Each book contains four easy-to-read stories and hilarious illustrations by the one and only Tony Ross, so even the most reluctant of readers won’t be able to resist Henry’s amazing talent for trouble!
Here is what you have to do to enter (maximum entries, 5):
- Read our review of the latest books from the Horrid Henry series and then complete this sentence: Warning: These books contain first-rate silliness that may cause fits of laughter and have been known to … . Leave your name and a message in the comments field below, but hold onto your answer. If you are the lucky winner you will be contacted directly via e-mail for the answer. A correct answer must be given to receive your prize.
- An extra entry will be given for each time you twitter about the giveaway and/or blog about it. You will need to paste the link in a separate comment to make this entry valid. Click here to follow me on Twitter.
- Don’t forget to leave your contact information with your comment — a valid e-mail address is a must.
- Shipping Guidelines: The Horrid Henry and the Mummy’s Curse book giveaway is open to participants with a United States mailing address only (international readers can enter if they have a friend in the States who can accept their prizes by mail!)
- The contest will run October 15, 2009 – October 28, 2009, with the winners being drawn October 29th. Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Giveaway. Winners will be picked at random using a random sequence generator (your comments are numbered in the order they are received and the numbers are like raffle tickets drawn from a hat). Winners have 72hrs to claim their prize. Unclaimed prizes will be awarded to an alternate winner.
- Comment away!
Disclaimer: The book will be shipped directly from Sourcebooks Jabberwocky, delivery of the giveaway item lies solely on the sponsor. Names, e-mail address and physical addresses of all winners will be shared with Sourcebooks Jabberwocky for the purpose of fulfillment of the giveaway.