Giveaway: The Encyclopedia of Immaturity Vol 2
The gift that beats all gifts: a book suitable for anyone between the ages of 9 and 99, and suitable for all maturity immaturity levels.
im.ma.tu.ri.ty /ˌɪməˈtʃʊərɪti, -ˈtʊər-, -ˈtyʊər-, -ˈtʃɜr-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [im-uh–choor-i-tee, –toor–, –tyoor–, –chur–]
|1.||a state or condition of being immature: the immaturity of one’s behavior; the immaturity of a country’s technology.|
|2.||an immature action or attitude.|
In celebration of the release of The Encyclopedia of Immaturity Vol 2 — the follow up to the very sought after The Encyclopedia of Immaturity Vol 1 — Klutz has kindly given us some copies of Volumes 1 & 2 to giveaway to our readers.
Reading level: Ages 9-99
Spiral-bound: 200 pages
Publisher: Klutz; Pap/Toy edition (September 1, 2009)
Publisher’s synopsis: When we published The Encyclopedia of Immaturity in 2007, we knew it would make a great gift for someone’s nephew. And, sure enough, people gave it to their nephews — but also to their grandparents, brothers-in-law and accountants. Soon we were flooded with letters, e-mails and calls sharing one common theme — “More! More! More!”
So here’s a second helping of skills, activities, and secret knowledge — suitable only for those whose maturity stopped developing around the age of 12. In addition to thought-provoking topics like What We Talk About When We Talk About Wedgies, the book includes detailed directions for how to: fake a cold, slide down a banister, balance a ping pong ball on your nose, send a toiletgram, throw a sloshie, and more. It’s all new and all hopelessly goofy.
You can imagine our delight as we looked over the sales figures for the first volume of this encyclopedia. For years we’ve felt like the only kids at the grown-up table. Now it turns out the world is populated by a lot more people who are lot less mature than they look. Well, duh!
Three (3) winners will receive:
- The new release Encyclopedia of Immaturity VOL 2
- The original Encyclopedia of Immaturity VOL 1
Here is what you have to do to enter (maximum entries, 5):
- Watch the video below to find out how to slip on a banana. Once you have the answer, keep it to yourself and leave your name and a message in the comments field below. If you are one of the lucky winners, you will be contacted directly and will need to have the answer before the mailman will deliver the book.
- An extra entry will be given for each time you twitter about the giveaway and/or blog about it. You will need to paste the link in a separate comment to make this entry valid. Click here to follow me on Twitter.
- Don’t forget to leave your contact information with your comment — a valid e-mail address is a must.
- Shipping Guidelines: The Encyclopedia of Immaturity book promotion is open to participants with a United States mailing address only (international readers can enter if they have a friend in the States who can accept their prizes by mail!)
- The contest will run October 16, 2009 – November 11, 2009, with the winners being drawn November 12. Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Giveaway. Winners will be picked at random using a random sequence generator (your comments are numbered in the order they are received and the numbers are like raffle tickets drawn from a hat). Winners have 72hrs to claim their prize. Unclaimed prizes will be awarded to an alternate winner.
- Comment away!
Disclaimer: Books will be shipped directly from Klutz, delivery of the giveaway item lies solely on the sponsor. Names, e-mail address and physical addresses of all winners will be shared with Klutz for the purpose of fulfillment of the giveaway.
For more information you can visit the Klutz website: http://www.klutz.com/book/The-Encyclopedia-of-Immaturity-Volume-2