Giveaway: Il était une Fois une Maison
For all of you that speak French, or would like to speak French, we have three copies of Il était une Fois une Maison to giveaway. Each one will be signed by the author, Dulce Rodrigues, and the illustrator.
Reading level: Ages 7-12
Paperback: 40 pages
Book overview: Lonely, lost somewhere in the middle of nature and forgotten by everybody, a House has one day the joy of seeing different guests coming little by little with the seasons and building there a new life… Mrs Spider, Mrs and Mr Mouse, Mrs Duck and her ducklings, then the big gray and white Cat, the Ewe, even the Ants and the Bees, all this little community shares this same place and lives peacefully. But to their misfortune, this agreeable quietude is one day suddenly disturbed by the arrival of Man and his faithful friend, the Dog! What lesson will Man have to learn so as to become less selfish and more respectful of nature?
About the author: Dulce Rodrigues was born in Lisbon, Portugal. After a professional career that took her to other cities and countries, she now spends her life either traveling or among books; writing for children is for her a rewarding challenge and an engaging act of creation. She has university courses in the field of science as well as languages and literature, and she was awarded scholarships by the Goethe-Institute and by NATO. A few of her children’s tales and stories were awarded literary prizes in France at European level contests. She speaks six living languages and writes regularly in at least three.
Following the publication some years ago in Belgium of her first book for children, Dulce Rodrigues created the children’s project www.barry4kids.net that opened the way to collaborations in different European countries, namely France, Belgium, Luxembourg and even Romania. Her books have been published in more than one European country, and performances of her children’s play “Penguin and the Fig Tree” have already taken place in Romania and Luxembourg; of “Father Christmas has the Flu” in Portugal; and of her recent play script “There is a party up in the Sky”, also in Luxembourg.
Author’s website: www.dulcerodrigues.info
How to enter:
- Leave a comment in the comments field below.
- An extra entry will be given for each time you twitter about the giveaway and/or blog about it. You will need to paste the link in a separate comment to make this entry valid. Click here to follow us on Twitter.
- Maximum entries: Three (3)
- Shipping Guidelines: This book giveaway is open to participants with a United States or International address.
- Giveaway begins September 22, 2010, at 12:01 A.M. PST and ends October 20, 2010, at 11:59 P.M. PST, when all entries must be received. No purchase necessary. See official rules for details.
Sponsored by Dulce Rodrigues.