Giveaway: Le Théâtre des Animaux
Reading level: Ages 7-12
Paperback: 121 pages
Book overview: Three children’s plays designed to be performed on stage or to be used for reading in a classroom or for after-school programs. These are stories where animals can talk and share the same realistic and fantastic world with children, whom they resemble to and with whom they build a complicity, even an identification. It’s the pleasant world of Penguin, of Piloto and Lassie, Cat and Dog, uncle Ernesto…
With their unexpected characters, both children and adults may be entertained by these charming plays. “Penguin and the Fig Tree” was already performed in Romania and in Luxembourg. Animal masks for the characters and two easy recipes are also part of this book, which invites children of all ages to have fun.
About the author: Dulce Rodrigues was born in Lisbon, Portugal. After a professional career that took her to other cities and countries, she now spends her life either traveling or among books; writing for children is for her a rewarding challenge and an engaging act of creation. She has university courses in the field of science as well as languages and literature, and she was awarded scholarships by the Goethe-Institute and by NATO. A few of her children’s tales and stories were awarded literary prizes in France at European level contests. She speaks six living languages and writes regularly in at least three.
Following the publication some years ago in Belgium of her first book for children, Dulce Rodrigues created the children’s project www.barry4kids.net that opened the way to collaborations in different European countries, namely France, Belgium, Luxembourg and even Romania. Her books have been published in more than one European country, and performances of her children’s play “Penguin and the Fig Tree” have already taken place in Romania and Luxembourg; of “Father Christmas has the Flu” in Portugal; and of her recent play script “There is a party up in the Sky”, also in Luxembourg.
Author’s website: www.dulcerodrigues.info
How to enter:
- Leave a comment in the comments field below.
- An extra entry will be given for each time you twitter about the giveaway and/or blog about it. You will need to paste the link in a separate comment to make this entry valid. Click here to follow us on Twitter.
- Maximum entries: Three (3)
- Shipping Guidelines: This book giveaway is open to participants with a United States or International address.
- Giveaway begins September 22, 2010, at 12:01 A.M. PST and ends October 20, 2010, at 11:59 P.M. PST, when all entries must be received. No purchase necessary. See official rules for details.
Sponsored by Dulce Rodrigues.