Giveaway: The Devil’s Sword by Douglas E. Richards
Thanks to Douglas E. Richards, we have 4 signed copies of The Devil’s Sword to give away. It’s been described as “a fact-paced thriller sure to grab young readers” by a book reviewer from the St Louis Post-Dispatch. Giveaway begins October 28, 2010, at 12:01 A.M. PST and ends November 30, 2010, at 11:59 P.M. PST.
Reading level: Ages 9-Adult
Paperback: 272 pages
Book overview: A fencing tournament turns deadly! Can three young fencers thwart a plan to bring America to its knees?
Kevin, Rachel,and Ben are young fencers eager to compete in an upcoming tournament at Nellis Air Force Base. But when they arrive,they become unwilling pawns in a twisted plan to steal the ultimate weapon. A plan that somehow revolves around the tournament. Now, battling for their very survival, they must find a way to stop the two brilliant arms dealers behind it all. But the arms dealers hold all the cards. And far more is at stake than just their lives . . .
Given sword fighting’s irresistible appeal to kids, America’s Olympic success, and blockbuster films with extensive sword fighting (Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc) fencing is one of the fastest growing sports in America. The Devil’s Sword is a gripping thriller set against the highly unique and fascinating backdrop of this ancient sport.
“Crisp, innovative,and intelligent. Should be at the top of your reading list.” ~ Larry Cox, book critic, King Features syndicate
About the author: Douglas is the author of a critically acclaimed middle-grade science fiction series listed as “recommended literature” by the California Department of Education (The Prometheus Project), and has written extensively for National Geographic KIDS and American Fencing magazines. His son is an avid fencer, and he has been to tournaments on military bases, which is what gave him the idea for this novel.
How to enter:
- Leave a comment in the comments field below.
- An extra entry will be given for each time you twitter about the giveaway and/or blog about it. You will need to paste the link in a separate comment to make this entry valid. Click here to follow us on Twitter.
- Maximum entries: Three (3)
- Shipping Guidelines: This book giveaway is open to participants with a United States address.
- Giveaway begins October 28, 2010, at 12:01 A.M. PST and ends November 30, 2010, at 11:59 P.M. PST, when all entries must be received. No purchase necessary. See official rules for details.
Sponsored by Douglas E. Richards.