Giveaway: I’m a Doctor by Ellen Viola Thalhamer III
Reading level: Ages 4-8
Paperback: 36 pages
Book overview: “Let’s Play Doctor” is a social story book that was created in order to teach children with autism how to pretend play. For children who are learning to pretend play and socially interact with their peers, this book will be helpful in guiding them through the motions of pretending to be a doctor. For those parents who focus on generalization, and receptive and expressive language, real life pictures associated with the story has been added to the back of the book.
About the author: Ellen Viola Thalhamer III MS ED., B.C.S.E., is a teacher of Special Education, who specializes in teaching children on the autism spectrum. Over the years, she has learned how important social stories are for children with autism. She is hoping her book, which has been created much like a social story, will be a valuable resource for both parents and teachers.
How to enter:
- Leave a comment in the comments field below.
- An extra entry will be given for each time you twitter about the giveaway and/or blog about it. You will need to paste the link in a separate comment to make this entry valid. Click here to follow us on Twitter.
- Maximum entries: Three (3)
- Shipping Guidelines: This book giveaway is open to participants with a United States address.
- Giveaway begins November 14, 2010, at 12:01 A.M. PST and ends December 12, 2010, at 11:59 P.M. PST, when all entries must be received. No purchase necessary. See official rules for details.
Sponsored by Ellen Viola Thalhamer III.
We may receive a small commission from purchases made via the links on this page. If you discover a book or product of interest on this page and use the links provided to make a purchase, you will help support our mission to 'Grow Readers.' Your support means we can keep delivering quality content that's available to all. Thank you!