2017: A Year Of Children’s Books In Review
TCBR’s wonderful group of regular contributors are always putting together awesome reviews, fun book lists, and special articles. So lets take a look at some of the fan favorites:
- Dragons Love Tacos, reviewed by Bianca Schulze
- A New, Interactive Series For Babies And Toddlers From Scholastic, reviewed by Anna C. Iacovetta, Ph.D.
- Penguin Problems, reviewed by Denise Mealy
- 3 Halloween Board Books That Won’t Leave Your Youngster Bored, curated by Anna C. Iacovetta, Ph.D.
- The Important Relationship Between Reading And Child Development
- 3 Kids Books About Sharks Perfect For Young Marine Biologists, curated by Denise Mealy
We also had so many talented authors contribute an abundance of inspiring and useful articles:
- How You Can Take The Pressure Off Emerging And Reluctant Writers, written by author Karen Benke
- Ten Of The Best Books And Why You Should Read Them, written by author Natalie C. Anderson
And not to mention the many wonderful author and illustrator interviews that took place:
- A Heart-To-Heart With Aissa From Wendy Orr’s Dragonfly Song
- Inside The Studio With Shawn Harris, Illustrator Of Her Right Foot
You may have noticed that we also took a few authors on “Blog” Tour this year. Take a look at two of the most popular book tours of 2017:
- The Splendid Baron Submarine, By Eric Bower | Awareness Tour
- Oh Susannah: Things That Go Bump, By Carole P. Roman | Awareness Tour
We are so grateful to you, our loyal reader, and to every single person that contributes to The Children’s Book Review in their own special way. Thank you for continuing to help us on our pursuit of growing readers! As always, thank you to every single writer and illustrator that put pen to paper, fingers to a keyboard, paintbrush to canvas … . When we create readers, we create thinkers and learners and inspire creativity. Here’s to 2018 and the wonderful books and inspired thinking that it will bring!
Founder, The Children’s Book Review
We may receive a small commission from purchases made via the links on this page. If you discover a book or product of interest on this page and use the links provided to make a purchase, you will help support our mission to 'Grow Readers.' Your support means we can keep delivering quality content that's available to all. Thank you!