The History Buffs Book Set and Time Capsule Giveaway
Prizes and samples provided by Carole P. Roman
The Children’s Book Review | January 20, 2018
Together we can inspire global citizens and young history buffs . . .
Enter for a chance to win a complete autographed 10 book set of the If You Were Me and Lived in … An Introduction to Civilizations Throughout Time series, written by award-winning author Carole P. Roman; plus a time capsule activity set for recording your own history.
One (1) grand prize winner receives:
- An autographed set of Carole P. Roman’s If You Were Me and Lived in … An Introduction to Civilizations Throughout Time series (10 books)
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Renaissance Italy
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Ancient Greece
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Elizabethan England
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Colonial America
- If You Were Me and Lived in … the Ancient Mali
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Viking Empire
- If You Were Me and Lived in … the American West
- If You Were Me and Lived in … the Middle Ages
- If You Were Me and Lived in … Ancient China
- If You Were Me and Lived in … the Mayan Empire
- An UNBORED Time Capsule: A Seriously Fun Activity Set
Two (2) winners receive:
- A choice of one autographed copy from Carole P. Roman’s If You Were Me and Lived in … An Introduction to Civilizations Throughout Time series
Age Range: 7 and up
Giveaway begins February 20, 2018, at 12:01 A.M. PST and ends March 20, 2018, at 11:59 P.M. PST.
About the Books
In Carole P. Roman’s award-winning If You Were Me and Lived in … An Introduction to Civilizations Throughout Time series, she delivers educational pieces that allow readers to imagine themselves in the book and time period. Her background as a social studies teacher has provided her with a knack for making the educational aspect of these books delightfully digestible. Each book is always filled with colorful illustrations that bring extra insight to propel the reader along with a visual journey. With each book, readers learn about things like dwellings, lifestyles, food and diet, what people wore, and the occupations and interests that people partook in.
In each of the books, it is typical of Roman to ask questions of the reader to encourage an examination between the historical period and our current times, creating deeper thinkers and heightening the learning experience. The end pages include a list and brief biography of famous people, and a glossary of foreign words.
Ideal for children ages 7 and older, each of these books will help inspire global citizens and young history buffs. Carole P. Roman’s love of history shines through on every page and every book in this series. Where to next? Wherever it is, readers everywhere will be looking forward to travelling there.
Ages 7+ | CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
About Carole P. Roman
Carole P. Roman is the award winning author of the nonfiction series of children’s books, If You Were Me and Lived in … . The first title in the collection, If You Were Me and Lived in…Mexico, won the Pinnacle Award for Best in Children’s Nonfiction in 2012. If You Were Me and Lived in…Russia and If You Were Me and Lived in…France were finalists in the Indie Fab Foreword Review Book of the Year. Norway and South Korea have also been named as Book of the Year with Rebecca’s Reads and Children’s Reader’s View Book of the Year. Roman has also found success with her Captain No Beard children’s books. Her debut, Captain No Beard: An Imaginary Tale of a Pirate’s Life, was named a Kirkus Best of 2012, received a Star of Exceptional Merit, and won the Pinnacle Award in 2012. Roman lives on Long Island with her husband and very near her children.
How to Enter
- Fill out the required fields in the form below. It may take a moment to load.
- You can also gain bonus daily entries.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- Enter between 12:00 AM Mounatin Time on February 20, 2017 and 11:59 PM on March 20, 2017.
- Open to Canada and residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 and older.
- Winners will be selected at random on or about February 22, 2018.
- Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Prizing courtesy of Carole P. Roman.
Thank you for entering the The History Buffs Book and Time Capsule Giveaway from Carole P. Roman. Check out our sweepstakes page to see what other free children’s books may be up for grabs!