Win an Amazing ‘Growing Readers’ Prize Pack to Celebrate TCBR’s 12th Birthday
The Children’s Book Review | May 12, 2019
This year marks our 12th amazing year of ‘Growing Readers!’
We love putting together our anniversary giveaway as a way to thank you for your much appreciated loyal readership. In honor of our goal of growing readers, we are giving away an exclusive prize pack to a lucky bookworm! The prize includes two autographed books, a Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet, and a framed TCBR original print created by children’s book illustrator Lauren O’Hara.
One (1) lucky winner receives:
- A framed and matted TCBR original “Growing Readers” 5 x 5 print—frame size: 11.25 x 11.25.
- A copy of Don’t Wake the Dragon, autographed by Bianca Schulze
- A copy of 101 Books to Read Before You Grow Up, autographed by Bianca Schulze
- A Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet
Giveaway begins May 12, 2020, at 12:01 AM PST and ends June 12, 2020, at 11:59 PM PST.
About the Prize Pack
TCBR Original “Growing Readers Print
Lauren O’Hara has created a commemorative illustration that honors 12 years of The Children’s Book Review’s mission of growing readers. This beautiful illustration highlights the power books can have in bringing young readers together and allowing them to escape within their imaginations. Books can inspire, relieve stress, connect us with nature, provide a wealth of knowledge, and so much more!
LAUREN O’HARA is an illustrator from the north of England. As a child, she loved reading fairy tales, painting insects, and listening to her grandmother’s stories. She studied art and illustration at Kingston University, then designed window displays and props for films. Her career as an illustrator began when she and her sister, Natalia, worked together on a picture book, Hortense and the Shadow. This was published in 2017, followed in 2018 by The Bandit Queen, and then Sophie Dahl’s Madame Badobedah in 2020. Lauren O’Hara currently lives in a converted church in Dublin, Ireland, with her partner, their cat Ida, and assorted ghosts.
A Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet
Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet includes a Kid-Proof Case with built-in stand, 1-year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, and a 2-year worry-free guarantee.
Written by Bianca Schulze
Illustrated by Shaw Nielsen
Publisher’s Synopsis: 101 Books to Read Before You Grow Up provides a comprehensive list of kid-friendly books for children to read before they grow up. This must-read review list acts as an interactive journal where kids can document the books they read, why they like them, and how they rate them. Divided into sections by subject, from fairy tales and fantasy to sports and nonfiction, 101 Books to Read Before You Grow Up celebrates the importance of reading and encourages family participation to develop lifelong readers. The perfect reference guide for book lovers of all ages, 101 Books to Read Before You Grow Up helps both kids and parents decide which books to read next!
Buy the Book
Ages 5-11 | Walter Foster Jr. | October 10, 2016 | 978-1633221697
Written by Bianca Schulze
Illustrated by Samara Hardy
Publisher’s Synopsis: Shhh! Be very quiet. The rascally dragon is finally asleep. But, when the page turned, the breeze blew the door shut with a BANG! Did it wake up the dragon? Create a fantastic bedtime experience by reading this interactive story featuring a reluctant-to-sleep dragon—a character that children will surely relate! Designed to be read aloud, parents will take pleasure in the playful text as much as children will enjoy hearing it. When the story finally comes to an end, and the gentle lullaby is repeated, the dragon – and your child! – are encouraged to drift off to sleep.
Buy the Book
Ages 2-6 | Publisher: Clever Publishing | July 28, 2020 | ISBN-13: 978-1949998641
How To Enter
- Fill out the required fields in the form below. It may take a moment to load.
- You can also gain daily bonus entries.
- See the complete giveaway rules below.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER TO WIN.
- Win an Amazing ‘Growing Readers’ Prize Pack to Celebrate TCBR’s 12th Birthday sponsored by The Children’s Book Review.
- Enter between 12:00 AM Mountain Time on May 12, 2020, and 11:59 PM on June 12, 2020.
- Go to https://www.thechildrensbookreview.com/weblog/2020/05/win-an-amazing-growing-readers-prize-pack-to-celebrate-tcbrs-12th-birthday.html on a computer or wireless device and complete and submit the entry form pursuant to the on-screen instructions.
- One (1) grand prize winner receives:
- Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Winners will be selected at random on or about June 16, 2020.
- Important Notice: You may be charged for visiting the mobile website in accordance with the terms of your service agreement with your carrier.
- Open to the legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are thirteen years of age or older in their state or territory of residence at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
- Prizes Courtesy of The Children’s Book Review.
Thank you for entering the Win an Amazing ‘Growing Readers’ Prize Pack to Celebrate TCBR’s 12th Birthday giveaway. Check out our sweepstakes page to see what other free children’s books may be up for grabs!
We may receive a small commission from purchases made via the links on this page. If you discover a book or product of interest on this page and use the links provided to make a purchase, you will help support our mission to 'Grow Readers.' Your support means we can keep delivering quality content that's available to all. Thank you!