- Enter giveaways by completing the described mandatory conditions of entry.
- Winners will be picked at random using a random sequence generator (your comments are numbered in the order they are received and the numbers are like raffle tickets drawn from a hat); unless otherwise noted within the contest post.
- All entries are verified. You will not be eligible to win a contest unless you complete the described mandatory initial entry. There are no exceptions. Comments may be unpublished for not complying to the giveaway conditions.
- The only method used to notify contest winners is email. If a valid e-mail is not available to us, a new winner will be selected. If the giveaway is published on Facebook only, the winner will be notified by a Facebook message after the random drawing.
- A winner has 48 hours from the time TCBR notifies them of their win to respond and claim their prize. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
- TCBR is not responsible for the actions of the sponsor. If a prize is not received or is broken or defective, TCBR will make every effort to contact the sponsor on the winner’s behalf, but will not be held responsible for providing an identical or a different prize to the winner nor will TCBR be expected to compensate the winner in any way.
- Entries submitted after the contest’s end time will not be counted nor will entries from readers with shipping addresses outside of the specified regions.
- Names, e-mail addresses and physical addresses of all winners will be used by TCBR and shared with the sponsor for the purpose of fulfillment of the giveaway.
- Facebook Disclaimer: By entering a giveaway on Facebook, Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE CHILDREN’S BOOK REVIEW WILL BE RUNNING GIVEAWAYS ON THE PAGES OF THE CHILDREN’S BOOK REVIEW WEBSITE. NEW GIVEAWAYS WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THE GIVEAWAY CATEGORY OF THE WEBSITE. THE SPECIFIC ENTRY DETAILS FOR EACH GIVEAWAY – INCLUDING START AND END DATES, HOW TO ENTER, WINNER SELECTION, AND PRIZES — WILL BE DISPLAYED ON THE ENTRY PAGE FOR THAT GIVEAWAY. THESE GIVEAWAY RULES ARE THE GENERAL RULES THAT APPLY ONLY TO GIVEAWAYS THAT ARE RUN BY THE CHILDREN’S BOOK REVIEW WEBSITE. EACH GIVEAWAY IS GOVERNED BY THESE GENERAL RULES AND THE SPECIFIC ENTRY DETAILS ON THE ENTRY PAGE WHICH, TOGETHER, CONSTITUTE THE GIVEAWAY RULES. IF THERE IS A CONFLICT BETWEEN THESE RULES AND THE MORE SPECIFIC RULES STATED ON AN ENTRY PAGE, THE MORE SPECIFIC RULES ARE THE ONES THAT APPLY.
1. Start/End Dates. As stated on the entry page for the particular Giveaway (the “Giveaway Period”). The “Sponsor” of each Giveaway is stated on the entry page for the particular Giveaway.
2. Eligibility. Participation open only to those who are 16 or older as of date of entry. Proof of age may be required. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and the suppliers of any prize and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter.
3. How to Enter: Means of entry may include any or all of the following means of entry or any others stated on the Giveaway entry page: (1) posting a comment on the blog; (2) being one of the first to post a comment on the blog. Means of entry for a particular Giveaway are stated on the entry page for that Giveaway.
All entrants must have a valid email address. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Delivery of prize requires a street address (no P.O. Boxes). Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
4. Random Drawing/Odds.As stated on the entry page and incorporated herein by reference. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. By entering the Giveaway, you fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by the Giveaway Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Giveaway.
5. Prizes. As stated on the entry page. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitution or cash redemption. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
6. Notification. Winners will be notified by email and may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Release”) within 10 days of the date of notification. If any winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Release must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of parent/legal guardian. If any winner cannot be contacted after two (2) attempts over a five (5) day period, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with the Giveaway Rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. Conditions. All federal, state, and local taxes or duties are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in Giveaways and acceptance of prize constitutes the winner’s permission for Sponsor to use her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by the winner regarding the Giveaway or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrant agrees on his/her behalf, and on behalf of his/her respective heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors and assigns to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, partners, licensees, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, lost profits, indirect or direct damages, consequential damages, incidental damages, punitive or exemplary damages, judgments, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with participation in Giveaway, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Giveaway-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and prize delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Sponsor does not make, nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize. If entrant does not comply with these Official Rules, or attempts to interfere with this Giveaway in any way, she will be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
8. Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry who must also be eligible to enter and win. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Giveaway, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Giveaway or downloading any materials in this Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Giveaway should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Giveaway. In such case, Sponsor may, at its discretion, select the winner(s) from all eligible entries received unaffected by the problem. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Giveaway or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Giveaway or these Official Rules (“Claim”) must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. ENTRANTS WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY OR AS MEMBERS OF ANY CLASS OF CLAIMANTS PERTAINING TO ANY CLAIM. OR IN A PURPORTED REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC OR OTHER PERSONS SIMILARLY SITUATED. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS GIVEAWAY. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S/LEGAL FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM THE PERPETRATOR TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. List of Winners. Winners will be posted on the blog where the Giveaway was conducted after all winners have been contacted and verified.