Giveaway: Barry’s Adventure by Dulce Rodrigues
We have three copies of the lovely Barry’s Adventure to giveaway. Each one will be signed by the author, Dulce Rodrigues.
Reading level: Ages 7-12
Paperback: 28 pages
Book overview: Pet dog Barry is sad and angry. How can his family play such a bad trick on him! He really does not deserve it! He has always been a faithful friend to them. Of course, humans are very ungrateful and egotistic beings, but… he had a different opinion about his family. Well, until a few moments ago! If at least he knew where they were taking him to… But nobody had even bothered telling him anything! And now there he was, sitting at the back of the car, the road before him, nothing else but always the road! When the car stopped in Spain and he was put on a leash, Barry thought he had had enough and decided to punish his family for what they were doing to him. He managed to get loose and ran away… and lost track of his family. What happened next is what you’ll find out when reading the whole story.
About the author: Dulce Rodrigues was born in Lisbon, Portugal. After a professional career that took her to other cities and countries, she now spends her life either traveling or among books; writing for children is for her a rewarding challenge and an engaging act of creation. She has university courses in the field of science as well as languages and literature, and she was awarded scholarships by the Goethe-Institute and by NATO. A few of her children’s tales and stories were awarded literary prizes in France at European level contests. She speaks six living languages and writes regularly in at least three.
Following the publication some years ago in Belgium of her first book for children, Dulce Rodrigues created the children’s project www.barry4kids.net that opened the way to collaborations in different European countries, namely France, Belgium, Luxembourg and even Romania. Her books have been published in more than one European country, and performances of her children’s play “Penguin and the Fig Tree” have already taken place in Romania and Luxembourg; of “Father Christmas has the Flu” in Portugal; and of her recent play script “There is a party up in the Sky”, also in Luxembourg.
Author’s website: www.dulcerodrigues.info
How to enter:
- Leave a comment in the comments field below.
- An extra entry will be given for each time you twitter about the giveaway and/or blog about it. You will need to paste the link in a separate comment to make this entry valid. Click here to follow us on Twitter.
- Maximum entries: Three (3)
- Shipping Guidelines: This book giveaway is open to participants with a United States or International address.
- Giveaway begins September 13, 2010, at 12:01 A.M. PST and ends October 11, 2010, at 11:59 P.M. PST, when all entries must be received. No purchase necessary. See official rules for details.
Sponsored by Dulce Rodrigues.