3 New Books for Music Lovers
Calling all One Direction fans!
This is the only official book from 1D charting their journey over the last year and a half—from the places they’ve visited and fans they’ve met, to their thoughts and feelings, hopes and dreams, highs and lows. It has been a phenomenal year—and this is a phenomenal story.
This Christmas, there will be no other book that true One Direction fans will want!
Ages 8-12 | Publisher: HarperCollins | August 27, 2013 | ISBN-13: 978-0062219046
By Cody Simpson
The first official all-access look into the life of singing sensation Cody Simpson. Follow Cody as he goes from singing cover songs in his bedroom to opening sold-out concerts for Justin Bieber. With never-before-seen photos, behind-the-scenes interviews, and exclusive information, this book is perfect for pop music fans and for Cody’s Angels.
Ages 8-12 | Publisher: HarperCollins | October 22, 2013 | ISBN-13: 978-0062281173
By Robbie Robertson, Jim Guerinot, Sebastian Robertson, Jared Levine
Exclusive insights from a celebrated musician and passionate industry insiders, two accompanying CDs of legendary tracks and beautiful packaging make for a book with broad appeal — one that will captivate fans of Robbie Robertson and music lovers of all ages.
Part memoir, part tribute, and all great storytelling …
Music industry veterans Robbie Robertson, Jim Guerinot, Jared Levine, and Sebastian Robertson invite young readers to share with them in celebrating twenty-seven musical legends. Short profiles chronicle personal stories and achievements of extraordinarily talented artists whose innovations changed the landscape of music for generations to come. Carefully compiled like any great playlist, the line-up features originators, rebels, and risk-takers across diverse genres. From Ray Charles to Johnny Cash, Chuck Berry to Bob Dylan, Robertson shares anecdotes about these artists and the influence they had on his own musical journey.
Always respectful of their reader, the writers never shy away from speaking about the difficult challenges these recording artists faced and the very human foibles that sometimes led to their tragic end. Most of all, it’s the authors’ passion and insights into these personal stories of creativity and collaboration — and the power of music to shine a light on injustice and foster change — that will fascinate, enlighten, and inspire music fans of all ages.”Exclusive insights from a celebrated musician and passionate industry insiders, two accompanying CDs of legendary tracks and beautiful packaging make for a book with broad appeal — one that will captivate fans of Robbie Robertson and music lovers of all ages.
Tracklist for Legends, Icons & Rebels
1. Chuck Berry Johnny B. Goode
2. Johnny Cash Get Rhythm
3. Aretha Franklin I Say a Little Prayer
4. The Beatles Here Comes the Sun
6. Bob Marley Three Little Birds
5. Louis Armstrong What a Wonderful World
7. Buddy Holly Peggy Sue
8. Joni Mitchell The Circle Game
9. Ray Charles & The Raelettes Hit the Road Jack
10. Elvis Presley Hound Dog
11. Curtis Mayfield & The Impressions People Get Ready
12. Billie Holiday & Her Orchestra Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off
1. Little Richard Lucille
2. Hank Williams Jambalaya (On the Bayou)
3. Frank Sinatra Fly Me to the Moon
4. Marvin Gaye I Heard It Through the Grapevine
6. Sam Cooke Wonderful World
5. Carole King So Far Away
7. Louis Jordan Caldonia
8. The Beach Boys In My Room
9. Ella Fitzgerald A-Tisket, A-Tasket
10. James Brown I Got You (I Feel Good)
11. Patsy Cline Crazy
12. Otis Redding That’s How Strong My Love Is
13. Nat King Cole It’s Only a Paper Moon
14. Stevie Wonder Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours
15. Bob Dylan Forever Young
Ages 9-12 | Publisher: Tundra Books | October 8, 2013 | ISBN-13: 978-1770495715