Book a Children's Book Giveaway
You’ve seen book giveaways popping up all around you online and now you’re thinking about one for your book. We’ve run hundreds of book giveaways in the past 15 years, so trust us when we say we’ve got you covered!
Why and When Do a Children’s Book Giveaway?
Book giveaways typically run in conjunction with an exciting event or special occasion. Besides the fact that everyone is doing them—authors, publishers, book bloggers, social media influencers—here’s some special occasions you might consider promoting your book with a giveaway:
- Celebrate a milestone or achievement:
- book release
- new editions (paperback, audio, translations, etc.)
- social media growth: 1K, 5k, 10K
- and more.
- Promote an upcoming author event.
- Time with a National Holiday (poetry month, hot dog day, talk like a pirate day, etc.)
- You need to clear off your bookshelf.
- Honestly, anytime is an excellent time for creating book buzz with a giveaway.
What’s the Value of a Book Giveaway?
No matter why you want to promote your book with a giveaway, we highly recommend making giveaway promotions part of your regular marketing mix. We’ve found book giveaways to be one of the most cost-effective ways to build book buzz.
Wondering if book giveaways are worth it? Here’s a sampling of the value they bring:
- First of all, they’re fun!
- They effectively generate online excitement and buzz about your books or products by getting more eyeballs on your book.
- Your audience base, email list subscribers, and social media followers can increase thanks to lead generation.
- Giveaways can stimulate engagement with existing fans.
- They’re a fantastic way to warm up readers before a book releases.
- You’ll feel joy from giving back to the book-loving community.
Why Use The Children’s Book Review to Host a Giveaway?
The Children’s Book Review receives approximately 350,000 unique visitors annually and is continually growing and gaining popularity with a loyal readership and extensive social media following. Book promotion is generally much easier when tapping into TCBR’s established and existing audience.
All TCBR giveaways are:
- Found in our “Book Giveaways” category featured on our homepage and navigation menu.
- Included in our weekly giveaway e-newsletter sent to our list that boasts thousands of email subscribers.
- A great way to keep your new and existing fan base engaged over a full month.
We make the process as easy as possible for you while providing tips for things like:
- Maximizing your giveaway visibility.
- Making decisions on the best prize offerings.
For more details about custom giveaway campaigns, timing, and our current giveaway rates, please get in touch with us by filling out the contact form:
“We’ve had a wonderful partnership with The Children’s Book Review. The website is a great springboard for introducing new titles to a large audience concerned and interested in children’s literacy. The performance of our marketing campaigns with you have been outstanding. You have an engaging audience and it shows in the number of giveaway entries and social media. A great website!”
— Angela Williams (Consumer Marketing), Dover Publications, Inc.
“The book giveaway worked out wonderfully. Sales increased within the first week and have continued to rise since. The fee is very reasonable, and it paid for itself in a couple of days. Great exposure and increased sales. I would definitely recommend it!”
—Derek Dunn, Candleshoe Books
This is my third book giveaway with the Children’s Book Review. TCBR handled everything in a spot-on professional manner. The giveaways were accurate and looked fantastic. Letting readers know about a new book release isn’t easy in a crowded publishing world, and TCBR was well worth the minimal cost to me as an author. The Goddess Girls tween series I co-write with Suzanne Williams is doing well, and our contract with Aladdin has increased from 4 to 8 books. Thank you, TCBR. I’ll be back!
—Joan Holub, https://www.joanholub.com http://joanholub.blogspot.com
This was my first giveaway with the Children’s Book Review. What a great experience: everything was smooth and easy. I was extremely pleased with the amount of interest it generated in my book (based upon the number of comments). I highly recommend it—both a TCBR giveaway and my book, Every Day on Earth.