The Awareness Tour: Virtual Children’s Book Tours
Visibility Meets Credibility
The Children’s Book Review is a resource devoted to children’s literacy and we are always discovering new and talented authors and illustrators to share with readers. TCBR’s readers are made up of parents, grandparents, teachers, and librarians. We receive approximately 300,000 unique visitors annually and this number is continually growing as we gain popularity with our loyal readership of book lovers.
“The Awareness Tour” was created to provide authors, illustrators, and publishers of all kids and teen books an a la carte advertising opportunity from which they can easily and efficiently expand their reach to a targeted audience of children’s book readers by using The Children’s Book Review as a solid platform from which to launch a virtual blog tour/online book tour. Just as we’ve built our own loyal readership, we’ve been busy building relationships with like-minded bloggers in the children’s book and family-friendly realms that are ready to help create buzz for your book(s).
What goes on in a blog tour?
The Awareness Tour is an al a carte promotional tool to meet the needs of individuals and their marketing budgets. However, here are some of the customizable options available:
- Book reviews
- Book giveaways
- Guest posts provided by the author or illustrator
- Cover reveals
- Exclusive excerpt shares
- Book trailer posts
- Dedicated E-mails
- Banner Ads
What benefits could I see from a blog tour?
- Access to multiple bloggers with a targeted audience
- Multiple book reviews
- Possible increase in website traffic
- Possible increase in Amazon rankings
- Increased online exposure and presence with an extended ripple effect
- An investment that provides value beyond the tour:
- Featured tour content makes your book, name, and brand searchable on the Web
- Tour articles and book reviews provide you with marketing content and social proof
- No travel required, unlike a traditional book tour
How do I get started on a blog tour?
- Fill out the form below with the subject line “The Awareness Tour”
- Tell us a little bit bout your book and the intended age range
- Provide any links with additional information about your book
- If you already have an idea about how you would like your tour to roll out, let us know
- Please indicate if you have a timeframe in mind
“Marketing a children’s book can often feel like an uphill battle but The Children’s Book Review makes reaching parents, grandparents and teachers so easy. [T]he service and value is exceptional.”
—Keri-Rae Barnum, Executive Director of New Shelves Books
“We’ve had a wonderful partnership with The Children’s Book Review. The website is a great springboard for introducing new titles to a large audience concerned and interested in children’s literacy. The performance of our marketing campaigns with you have been outstanding. You have an engaging audience and it shows in the number of giveaway entries and social media. A great website!”
— Angela Williams (Consumer Marketing), Dover Publications, Inc.
I enjoyed the tour and thought [the] professionalism, dedication and generosity in all matters was superb. My first blog tour and [the] choices considering how to arrange the tour, blog sites, interviews, reviews, guest spots was better than excellent. You have a significant capacity for organizing and managing a blog tour and for accomplishing success for everyone involved. Thank you for the magnificent introduction and pleasant adventure of a blog tour. 5-Stars
—M.M. Allen, author of Wishapick: Tickety Boo and the Black Trunk
Sample Blog Tours
Thank you for your interest in Kids Book Tours and Online Blog Tours. We look forward to working with you and helping you get the word out about your book!