The Children’s Book Review | December 31, 2017
And so it goes, another wonderful year filled with beautiful books comes to a close. Before we launch into the new year—and an exciting 1oth anniversary year it will be for The Children’s Book Review—let’s take a moment to reflect on the highlights of 2017.
Since we’re still working on our readers’ favorite annual feature article: “The Best of the Best Books of the Year”—we’ll be sure to let you know as soon as it is ready—you can visit the best kids books of 2017 lists that we curated all year long: The Best Kids and Teens Books of 2017. And, in case you missed it, The Children’s Book Holiday Gift Guide | 2017.
TCBR’s wonderful group of regular contributors are always putting together awesome reviews, fun book lists, and special articles. So lets take a look at some of the fan favorites:
- Dragons Love Tacos, reviewed by Bianca Schulze
- A New, Interactive Series For Babies And Toddlers From Scholastic, reviewed by Anna C. Iacovetta, Ph.D.
- Penguin Problems, reviewed by Denise Mealy
- 3 Halloween Board Books That Won’t Leave Your Youngster Bored, curated by Anna C. Iacovetta, Ph.D.
- The Important Relationship Between Reading And Child Development
- 3 Kids Books About Sharks Perfect For Young Marine Biologists, curated by Denise Mealy
We also had so many talented authors contribute an abundance of inspiring and useful articles:
- How You Can Take The Pressure Off Emerging And Reluctant Writers, written by author Karen Benke
- Ten Of The Best Books And Why You Should Read Them, written by author Natalie C. Anderson
And not to mention the many wonderful author and illustrator interviews that took place:
- A Heart-To-Heart With Aissa From Wendy Orr’s Dragonfly Song
- Inside The Studio With Shawn Harris, Illustrator Of Her Right Foot
You may have noticed that we also took a few authors on “Blog” Tour this year. Take a look at two of the most popular book tours of 2017:
- The Splendid Baron Submarine, By Eric Bower | Awareness Tour
- Oh Susannah: Things That Go Bump, By Carole P. Roman | Awareness Tour
We are so grateful to you, our loyal reader, and to every single person that contributes to The Children’s Book Review in their own special way. Thank you for continuing to help us on our pursuit of growing readers! As always, thank you to every single writer and illustrator that put pen to paper, fingers to a keyboard, paintbrush to canvas … . When we create readers, we create thinkers and learners and inspire creativity. Here’s to 2018 and the wonderful books and inspired thinking that it will bring!
Founder, The Children’s Book Review